Monday, September 05, 2016

Spammed and I Didn't Even Know It - The Travails of a Digital Immigrant





It has recently come to my attention that my blog has been used to spam a whole lot of folks in a variety of countries around the world.  Initially, it made no difference to me since I was not in any way inconvenienced by this use of my blog space.  However, when I discovered that over 10,000 views came to the same page, Struggles, over the past year, I decided, "enough" and changed American in Oz so that it will no longer be possible to reach that particular page. Poof! Gone!

If this unwanted attention should continue and a pattern becomes evident of continued use of any other of my pages, I will take the blog offline and establish my online persona in another format.  I have enjoyed almost ten years of blogging .  I have shared with friends and readers, with other INFJ personalities many meaningful posts. However, feeling like a victim does not enhance my inclination to search out material for posts nor encourage me to take the time to download and post my thoughts on the 'comings and goings' of the world.

Thank you to all who stop in regularly and every now and again.  Hope you continue to stop by even though I have removed from availability a years of blog posts that have been used in the spam process.  Sigh.  I do hate to be the dummy in the crowd who doesn't realize I'm being used to further the economic or social program of others.  It feels a little like being Donal Trumpped.  Urgh!