Saturday, July 25, 2015

Myers-Briggs Cognitive Functions -



For more information check out Heidi's web page below  The information on Sensing, Intuiting,Thinking, and Feeling are there. I found it very difficult to use this information to type with certainty, but the information is useful to take a look at one's own type to see how fully one fits into the typography. For instance, I am forever unsure if I am an INFJ or an INFP.  Although I identify with INFJ, Heidi's description of me falls more seamlessly into the  Ne and Fi of an INFP.  Still, it's a joyful if confusing way in which to put myself and others into the boxes of MBTI. And as my children used to say to their high school friends, "Don't talk to my mom.  She'll put you in a box and never let you out again."  I sound a bit like Hansel and Gretel's witch, don't I? ;)

Extroverted Intuition (Ne):

Ne Dominant Types: ENFP/ENTP
Secondary Ne Users: INTP/INFP

How to spot them:
  • Ne dominant types experience bursts of high energy, followed by periods of reclusion.
  • They are quick-witted and gain energy through debating ideas.
  • They enjoy discussing possibilities above all else.
  • They want to explore every side of a given situation and may be more prone to playing ‘devil’s advocate’ than other types.
  • They tend to jump from topic to topic with ease and enthusiasm.
  • They may directly contradict themselves multiple times while speaking.
  • They enjoy using metaphors to explain things – their metaphors are prone to gaining complexity as they speak, which excites the Ne user.
  • Ne dominant types bore quickly and almost always have a new project on the go.
  • These types usually advocate for keeping your options open, exploring all possibilities and taking an unconventional approach to solving problems.