Monday, April 27, 2015

Who Is Your Friend — REALLY?



I started reading westerns at age eight. My favorite author was Zane Gray who wrote novels like Riders of the Purple Sage.  I didn’t know what sage was, but I loved the lonely heroes who saved the girl. Those sheep herders and cattle wranglers were bigger than life. I loved the hole in the wall gang and all of their kindred.  As they rode into the sunset, my imagination carried me across Arizona open spaces. 

In the midst of these stories I forgot which younger sibling I was supposed to watch or which dishes needed washing. When old man winter frost-bit my fingertips while I hung washing on the line or carried frozen clothes inside the house, I imagined I was rescuing yearling cattle from fingers of frozen snow near Flagstaff.



Meet Demi Tryon, the heroine of Sierra Sunrise, not only a travel adventure but an adventure into a woman's psyche as she heals from childhood trauma.

available at Amazon, Smashwords, Kobo, Barnes&Noble, Flipcart