Saturday, March 07, 2015

Mad Max - 2015 Australians Really Do Make Good Movies


I usually shy away from dystopian films and books.  But Australian film makers tend to create dystopian worlds that I find intriguing, unlike those American films that create futures so stark, so devoid of hope that I cannot watch them without expecting nightmares for the following week.  I did love The Matrix but only because Keanu Reeves had no speaking part.

The film version of Cormac McCarthy's The Road along with No Country For Old Men come to mind as American films that fail in every aspect.

However, On The Beach, a 1957 Australian film based on Nevil Shute's post apocalyptic novel remains one of my favorite dystopian film experiences.  I still remember the plot, the characterizations, and the outcome — clearly.


I don't expect Max and his crews of degenerate survivors  to be as clearly defined, but the movie still promises to be excellent rendition of manunkind's march to the death.


http://whatculture.com/film/mad-max-fury-road-10-reasons-itll-best-film-2015