Saturday, October 25, 2014

Prairie Morning Glory


These are the days, my son, when life is never done!...

Our little prairie house faces east-north-east..This was the view out our bedroom window when i opened my eyes at 7:30 this morning.  Startling, vivid, on fire with the promise of a new day. My earlier-than-I partner was just coming out of the bathroom from his shower, dressed except for his socks and shoes.  I tossed him his slippers from the side of the bed and begged him to grab the camera and step outside to take this shot.  Incredibly kind, this man.  He snapped 'October Morning'.

I hope you enjoy it as much as we enjoy bringing it to you.  The Prairie that some folks believe to be boring, uneventful, stagnant is anything but.  The beauty is often breath taking, a celebration of color and life.