Wednesday, September 03, 2014

The Dragon Ring



 I don't usually tout fantasy, but here's an exception

Five Star Amazon Review for The Dragon Ring by C.Craig Coleman

"As a fan of fantasy fiction, I am always looking for something new. I like action and complexity in a novel, and I found these things and more in Coleman's book. The story is easy to follow and I didn't have a lot of trouble keeping up with the characters as I do with some fantasy fiction. Still, as I progressed through the book I found it to be more complex than at first glance. I was fascinated by the names of places and people and happy to find a dictionary of names in the back. I found that once I had pronounced these words a few times they would roll pleasantly off of my tongue. The protagonist and his friend had many frightening adventures for their young age but grew and matured with each confrontation. These boys came of age in this book and I anticipate that the challenges they will face as grown men in an age of increasing turmoil will make their past adventures seem tame by comparison. Book one of The Dragon Ring has set the stage for the rest of this series. It was most enjoyable on its own and I will read it again soon, but I hope I don't have to wait too long for the next book in the series!" Fantasy Fan on Amazon