Monday, August 25, 2014

Take Me Home, Country Road, to the Place I Belong




 
wwwflickr.com
Nope, not West Virginia.  Brisbane is the place where today I belong.  Prairie mist has encompassed our almost ready for harvest for the past two days.  I'm ready for sunshine and shadow. I'm ready for open doors and windows.  Even at the end of a southern hemisphere winter, I'm ready for a fresh breeze to wend its way through the rooms of my home.  And here on the Nordacotah prairie seven miles from the Canadian border, the stiff breeze brings rain to my counter tops.  I have to keep the windows securely fastened.

So, instead, I'll share a couple of photos of my favorite spot in Queensland, in Brisbane, in the city beside Morton Bay, the playful, energetic, smiling face of eastern Australia.  And, I'll pretend I can open my front door and like the Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, I'll step on through to my second home on the planet.

 
bioexpedition.com