Sunday, February 23, 2014

"The Making of Her " by Susie Nott-Bower

Susie Nott-Bower has created two complex, intriguing,  fifty year old female protagonists who play out their roles as opposites, but who move closer and closer together as the story develops. I love their resilience, their intellect, and their vulnerability. The best lines in this novel are left to the women.

I was surprised at the breadth of Nott-Bower's supporting characters, males who actually held their own as full bodied versions of male pulchritude.  Here were the vulnerable and the needy as well as the strong and the independent.

The plot line is NOT what I expected as I began reading.  Indeed, the story is well told and many layered, feminist without being preachy, altogether a good read, one which kept me engrossed to the very last line.

Nott-Bower's novel is available in the USA on kindle.