Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Science..

Where have I been?  Right here on the harvesting prairie!  Seems early, doesn't it?  But the combines are laying hay rows, wheat rows, wind rows in every corner of this paradise.  When the fog comes in just before dawn, the combiners role over and go back to sleep, but when the day dawns with sunshine, they're out taking moisture content checks to see if the crop can be harvested — if the answer is yes, you'll see them from dawn to dark..and here that means from 6 a.m. til 9:30 p.m. combing the land for the last precious fruit.

All of that has nothing to do with me except that I am amazed by the energy of these knowledgeable folks who provide food for the planet.

Today I wanted to share one of the SCIENCE quotes that came to my attention on Facebook via my facebuddy Kenneth.  He has gathered some of the best quotes into an album..and I wanted to share them with you, one at a time for a while. Carl Sagan is featured in several.  I hope they are thought provoking for you rather as the farmers who surround me are providers of thought provoking moments for me.

Here's the first one: