Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Seven Basic Plots: Why We Tell Stories

 Yesterday, I bought Booker's sweet little book for my Kindle.  Today, I've read the first chapter and am in awe of not only his research but also his style.  Here is a superb piece of academic research presented in a conversational style.  Hell, we could be having coffee down at Rosalie and talking books, one of my fav convos.  The reading is way too easy; it draws me from example to example in a most gratifying manner.

How can I convince you that I think you ought to read it?  You need not be an aspiring author to enjoy.  You need only be a curious thinker about all things human to engage with Booker in this charming piece of research that took him 30 years to compile.

Amazon has it for Kindle at $16.00 American. Go buy.  If you are an English teacher or a lit teacher at any level or if you just love stories, buy it.  You'll be entertained, informed, and delighted.  Of this, I am certain.

In the meantime, I'll be back to share some sweet vignettes in future posts.

love you all..enjoy!
 
 
4.3 out of 5 stars