Wednesday, May 09, 2012

Bold Faced Truths

Words of wisdom from the author of The Borrower, by Rebecca Makkai.
www.erikadreifus.com“One of the first difficult lessons that I had to learn as a writer was to push my characters into doing really inappropriate things, whether it’s a criminal act in this really extreme case, or just saying something that a normal person would keep their mouth shut about, or


My characters may not be this real, but my self, the persona accompanying me on the journey today, certainly is!  When will I ever learn to keep my peace, my mouth shut, etc etc etc?

Never..and those of you who know me realize just how true this admission is.  Sitting here right now stung by the reaction of those I love and admire to my 'bold' assertions of just how things are in my world...  Oh well! ;)

love you all..