Thursday, May 05, 2011

A Change in Plans


We've made a change. With morning surprises like this one and a government moving slower than spring on the prairie, we have decided to fly back to the southern hemisphere in the middle of July.

This decision gives us eight more weeks of sudden sunrises on the immodest expanse of prairie and two July weeks in the Sierra.

Finally making the decision has given me an energetic tug. There is much to do. Eight more weeks of English instruction for my new Cuban/American neighbours is at the top of the list. Secondly, I will be able to enjoy the 150 tulip, narcissus, and daffodil bulbs blooming in the next couple of weeks. Thirdly, I may have a joyful opportunity to spend some time at my cabin with my favourite children

So, here's looking forward to an eventful ten weeks left in the USofA.