Friday, February 25, 2011

Izzak Walton Inn

Ah!
Good to be home after our seven hundred mile round trip to Fargo to deal with immigration issues.

The government on all levels seems to be less efficient and less able than ever before. I do want it to be otherwise; I often think it must just be my extensive number of years on the planet that makes me say, 'It sure isn't like it used to be.'

You know, old folks say that all the time. But in this case, the left hand of darkness has descended on the right hand of expediency and organization. Maybe it's the other way round, but that's how it seems.

The folks in Fargo who will remain nameless on behalf of all applications for 'permanent residency' have NO clue about why they are asked to require otherwise compliant folks to meet the letter of the law - I know, I know, I'm being obtuse...but I assure that is a necessity in this context.

Typos happen to the best of us. Accepting responsibility for having made a typographical error is simply not something to which any government department is willing to admit.

So, we have been to Fargo; we have met the enemy and she is not us. To treat ourselves for being even handed and polite under the most unusual circumstances, we just made reservations at Izzak Walton Inn in Montana's Glacier Park. We take the train from Stanley, ND to Essex on 6 March for a week of cross country skiing.

Pictures above!!

If you want to see other pictures of this glorious paradise, click on the title to todays blog entry.