Sunday, October 31, 2010

THE RALLY TO RESTORE

Three hours this morning the computer sang with the music of sanity! Jusuf and Jabar, Crowe and Kid Rock, rhythm and blues, rapping troops, a troop quartet with the American anthem, silly Cobert, and a philosophical Stewart filled our prairie house with laughter and tears.

I love it when Americans come together to harmonize! I love it when the Aussie sees that we aren't all political muleskinners unwilling to consider the points of view of the 'other' side.

While I smiled through the brekkie dishes, made a loaf of bread, did the laundry, changed the sheets on the bed, and generally approved..even of Ozzie..can you believe I approved of the neanderthal.. The Washington Mall vibrated with the enthusiasm that can only come through the common cosideration of a hundred thousand folks.

I live in a state that only has four times more folks than were in this Washington celebration today. I like living in this quiet, foggy place. And, I love what folks gave to Stewart today - their support in creating a different view of who many Americans choose to be.

Hope you saw the whole shindig. If not, hope you will access it on line or on Comedy Central - worth your time..