Thursday, September 09, 2010

Sunshine on the Prairie - Reason for celebration

Cool this morning inside the little house on the prairie.

Good reason to stay abed a bit later - at least until the sun broke the horizon.

Ridiculous for me to clamber out of bed at 6 a.m., search for my slippers, grab my fleece robe and tip toe over to the couch with Ray/Vac lantern in hand to copy numbers onto a soduku puzzle. Had to hide my light (not beneath a bushel basket, but behind the barrier created by my upended lap desk) so as not to awaken the deep breathing Australian.

Around 7 a.m. the sun delighted the skies with brilliant hues directed into the eyes I was trying to protect, woke him, and I shed robe and slippers to crawl back into the warm nest for an hour or so. My toeses were pleased at the decision and warmed rather more quickly than usual.

There may be one or two perks to enduring the missing electricity that would have othewise powered the furnace to bring the temps in the room up from 45 degrees to a warmer 60.

Happy Wednesday to all the northern readers..and Thursday to those in Oz.