Friday, June 18, 2010

Been a While

Yes, it's been a while since I last posted anything about life in Oz. Probably cause there's not a lot to tell.

It is my penchant to go insular when healing - and the past five and a half weeks have been all about just that. The wound created by the insertion of two stainless steal apparatus on the inside of my right knee has healed.

Continuing is the work of re-enforcing the soft tissue around the new bionic appliance. Stretch, stretch, stretch..and limit swelling, strengthening muscles that need to learn to move in a new way - no more limp due to distressed knee joint. My whole right side has had to learn how to manage being balanced for the first time in 30 years.

The injury that eventuated in arthritis on the inside half of my right knee happened in 1979. Better known as the Olancha incident! :)

So, strength is growing,flexibility is increasing and soon I won't have any excuses for staying alone at home with my books and writing.

So, tickets to USA have been purchased. My last appointment with my surgeon is 17 August. We fly on 20 August and of course arrive in nordamerika the day we leave Brisbane. I could do with a day gained.

Our plan is to go directly to Nordacotah where the prairie house awaits continued rehabilitation of its own. :) New windows on the north east end of the house will open our view to the entire prairie..hooray for views from the flats to the flat lands.

In the meantime, we have had rain here in Oz for the first time since the beginning of the month. Autumn showers are good for the garden. Pointesettas and camilleas are in bloom. South African shrubs have created a carpet of white all along the front fence.

Life is good!