Friday, November 13, 2009

Sting and Yunupingu

Well, Sting, the old blond Brit, did a duet in Paris last night with the young blind Australian aboriginal lad, Yunupingu.

I haven't been able to find a site with the actual duet, but have located news posts about how well received the Australian has been on his first European tour. Click on the title to this blog entry to read what the Australian papers have to say.

As soon as a site is available I will post here. In the meantime, here is an addy that will let you hear Yunupingu's music solo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bawDFY8G-o4

Peter Garrett, Australia's environmental minister and former lead singer for Midnight Oil, had this to say about his Aussie counterpart: Yunupingu 'sings so deeply and sweetly about his connection to family and country, the effect is transcendental.' Quite a compliment, maybe enough to cause you to take five to listen to his performance.


And why did I notice? Cause, just before I left Oz to visit for four months in nordamerica, I purchased six cds of Aboriginal musicians in order to share the talent that lies south of the equator with my northern hemisphere friends.Yunupingu was one.

I do hope you enjoy..

Oh, and stay tuned for what I consider one of the most entertaining TV programs to go to air this season. Got up last night at 1 a.m. to watch it three times over on the computer - woke the Aussie up and we giggled together as we watched.