Friday, October 30, 2009

Thoughts Become Things

I'm not in the habit of touting other web pages and strange philosophies, but this morning the quote below showed up in my inbox thanks to the forwarding tool on a Claremont High School teacher's computer. Thanks, B!

Sometimes the Universe who signs these quips makes outlandish, really silly claims, but this morning, I sat here shaking my head, 'Yep, he's right! This is how I see the puzzle that is my world. I chose the design, I manage to find the right venue in which to assemble the pieces, and I even decide which colour, size, and weight of pieces to include.'

So, if you find any of this interesting, click on the title to today's blog entry and you will go directly to the web page of the fellow who sends out these daily items that I often forward along to friends across the globe.

'Life, dear reader, is not what you see, but what you've projected. It's not what you've felt, but what you've decided. It's not what you've experienced, but how you've remembered it. It's not what you've forged, but what you've allowed. And it's not who's appeared, but who you've summoned.'


In the meantime, the sun crossed the horizon around 8:30 this morning, but the golden orb failed to break through the overcast; must be some form of blanket keeping us from subfreezing temps. Time to work on another set of book proposal submissions to American literary agents - I'm projecting success in the near future! :)