Friday, March 13, 2009

Good Golly, Ms Molly

Ok, so here's the latest.

Graham and Dorothy were married last Thursday! Yep, on the fifth of March we took the amazing step into marital bliss. Well, ya know, what we did is head on down to the civil Queensland Registry where an Australian civil servant said the right words, accepetd the correct payment, and allowed our witnesses to sign on the dotted line..Suddenly, we were Mr Rutherford and Mrs. Shamah.. whoa.. what's this? No change in the bride's name?

Yep, for the time being. I play sometimes with wandering around the house being Mrs. Rutherford. Seems kinda old and matronly, a state I absolutely refuse to admit exists. So, for now, with Aussie law behind me, I can keep my name of the past 44 years and still be Mrs. Shamah.

When it's time to renew my passport and if my mind is still functioning at least as well as it is now, I'll make a change. In the meantime, we are playing with the whole fantasy of being married. Well, no, it isn't a fantasy. It's real!

And wonderment of wonderments, it makes a difference. I can't believe it! I never expected it, but there is a difference between de facto and in the eyes of the state government being married. Absolutely!

So, happy days! If you want to see pics, go to my facebook page. Out of focus to be sure, but smiling out of focus.. there they are.

About 30 friends joined us at the Powerhouse in Brisbane to celebrate later on the afternoon of the Ides of March and no one brought a knife..comradarie reigned.

love you all. LIfe is good..