Saturday, January 24, 2009

Another Point of View

In the midst of all this opressive humidity, I sit in front of my fan with the windows open in my office, three whole walls of windows open. Instead of doing the work that needs doing, I troll the web looking for interesting material to distract me from the fact that heat exhaustion faces me if I head out to trek, that the slightest endeavour manages to incite my sweat glands to riot.

I have had the Al Jazeera link on my computer for several months. However, today I spent a little more time than usual investigating its contents. If you are interested in a slightly different slant on what news is worth printing, you might want to check it out. Along with the BBC, I find that the reporting offers the balance to American/Australian reporting on world events.

You may find it engaging as well.

http://english.aljazeera.net/