Friday, March 28, 2008

Rainy Day People

Woke this Friday morning to rain on the tin roof! Resounding rain. That was at 3 a.m. according to my little red digital clock face. That sound was a good reason to roll over and slip back into blissful sleep. The next thing I remember waa 6:45 and the Aussie sitting up. Mumbling a good morning, I once again rolled over realizing that I probably wouldn't be able to go back to sleep but loving the warm covers, the soft air created by all that moisture, and finally stretched into wakefulness.

Coffee first, you know! And then reading email, sorting through the news of the day, and enjoying brekkie on the back veranda with the fellow who makes the best oatmeal in the world.

And here I am dressed, coiffed, and about to begin my day. Rain has stopped, clouds have lifted a bit, but no blue skies to be seen out of my office windows looking over the hollow, valley, to the north. I think it's gonna be one of those amazing relaxed days, cool and energetic, but relaxing.

I hope your day has begun with as much pleasure as has mine!! Be well