Friday, May 11, 2007

Permanent residency

Happy day!

This morning Australian Immigration notified me that my application for a permanent residency visa had been approved for the next two years. I suppose that really means temporary residency. However, the process at the end of two years leads to a permanent residency visa.

I may come and go as I like and depending on the countries I visit between now and March 2009, I will or won't have to have additional health checks. Sounds like I better stay healthy though, just in case.

It is a good feeling to know that I don't have to apply or make further applications for the next two years.

Tonight is champagne and Thai food for the family who have helped me to move to this stage in my attempt to have a passport to the wider planet.

Hope all is well for each of you in the next few months. Many of you are school teachers. May this last six weeks of the school year be full of bright lights and relaxed classrooms. To the others of you who do not teach, happy May .