Thursday, March 15, 2007

Hi ya'll..
It's been a few days since I last posted. Real life kinda took over for a bit. But, the cyberworld has me back on schedule and I have some time to share the most important local news.

Pleaase note as you read this excerpt from the Brisbane Courier-Mail that the woman who was bitten by what the authorities thiink was a Bull Shark is 59. I love old people who not only are survivors but who see themselves as viable, active, strong individuals. Hooray for the Greys of the world!

Shark attacks lone swimmer
Glenis Green
14 March 2007

"I FELT like I'd been hit by a truck . . . I knew it was something big and I knew I had to get out of there or I'd be dead. End of story."

Those were the words of Mary Jane Ryan yesterday as she lay in a bed in Bundaberg Hospital reliving the terrifying shark attack which she believes could have claimed her life.

Sporting a massive bruise to her right hand and arm and a badly gouged leg, Ms Ryan, 59, gave a graphic account of the leisurely Monday afternoon swim at Moore Park beach, just north of Bundaberg, that ended in horror.


"This has been really frightening . . . the worst thing that's ever happened to me in my life. It would have killed a child or a person who was small and frail."