Tuesday, February 28, 2006

on line stores

A good friend is in the process of setting up an on-line retail outlet through e-bay.

I believe she intends to sell vitamins and other health related items to women over 50 years of age..that means folks like me and like a few of you.

Now, I contend that women over a certain age...in the midst of menopause and post menapause.. do have some special needs and this may be a perfect opportunity to meet some of those needs and make a buck at the same time.

However, when it comes to healthfulness, it seems to me that women over 50 often have been relegated to the dreary suburbs of eroticia. That is to say, that far too many of us believe that our sex lives have come to closure along with our menses.

Guess what, ladies! Such a generalization is a misconception, a fact that many of you already know.

And so, it seems to me that my friend really ought to include lovely slightly larger sized sexy lingerie in her on-line healthful boutique. She also might want to stock a variety of erotic devices that we women over 50 might find useful.

And, of course, I have alerted her to the fact that China is the fastest growing on-line population in the world. Over a million and a half computer users today. And with a billion folks in that population, just think what a market an on-line health store which stocks products for women over 50 might serve.

I love this cyber world. I love the number of us who manage to keep in contact with one another despite the earthly distances between us by living in a world where ideas travel between us over 7500 planetary miles in less than two seconds. I also love the fact that so many of us are living to celebrate our humanity long after our active 'work' lives have been replaced with volunteerism and active political consciousness and healthful living unencumbered with the stresses of our previous professions.